Apprentice Opportunities with The MOD
The Ministry Of Defence (MOD) is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships across the UK. No matter what branch of the military you want to learn from they offer apprenticeships to new recruits and to existing staff so there is always an opportunity for development in the MOD.
There are around 20,000 apprentices on a programme in the armed forces at any one time, ranging from engineering and construction to hospitality and animal care, with new schemes recently developed such as digital information. The department had achieved over 150,000 apprenticeships by 2017!
The MOD and its agencies are also one of the major providers of civilian apprenticeships within the Civil Service, with 20 schemes on offer and more being planned. These range from craft and technician apprenticeships, to engineering and management.
MOD Schemes available:
- Placements through the Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme, in business, finance, and project delivery.
- MOD Information Apprenticeships which include IT, software, web and telecoms professionals, and information security.
- Purchasing and contract management roles through the Defence Commercial Higher Apprenticeship Programme.
- Engineering, finance, commercial and Civil Service Fast Track in Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S), a bespoke trading entity of MOD.
- Engineering, laboratory technicians and business administration in Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl), an executive agency of MOD.
- IT and business administration in the UK Hydrographic Office, an executive agency of MOD.
We believe an apprenticeship is one of the best ways for young people to jump into the working world while learning on the job and the MOD is definitely a place to do it as the possibilities are endless.
If you want to learn more about the opportunities available with the MOD, click here…
To read about our BFRS apprentices, click here…
Be sure to follow us on all our social media to stay up to date … Facebook … LinkedIn … Twitter … Instagram … YouTube