This privacy notice contains the details by which we, British Forces Resettlement Services, hold and use your information.
The categories of customer information that we collect, and hold include:
- Personal information: - email address, name, gender, telephone number, address, civil status, curriculum vitae, service/ex-service profile, photo, QR code.
The categories of customer information that we collect, hold and share with potential employers include:
Why we collect and use this information
We use the data you provide:
- to enable you to build a professional profile for potential employers to view via your QR code (if you provide it to them)
- if you have opted in, we will send weekly mail-outs with updates on events, jobs and courses available (you can opt out of these emails at any point)
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use customer information under Article 6 (1) (f) Legitimate Interest of the GDPR.
How we collect customer information
- information is entered directly onto your online profile by you as the individual
- hard copy registration forms (containing consent to process) and CV’s are used to create an online profile for you to update
Storing customer data
Your information is retained for up to 4 years (unless you request erasure earlier) which allows you to maintain you profile until you find the right job for you.
Who we share customer information with
Where permission has been granted, we routinely share customer CVs with:
Why we share customer information
We must share customer details with potential employers to give you every opportunity to find employment.
Data collection requirements:
To find out more about the data collection requirements placed on us by the ICO go to https://ico.org.uk/
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, customers have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your full records, contact email@example.com
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing (opt out of mailing list)
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of theGeneral Data Protection Regulations
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Websites use
cookies to help users navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. Cookies that are required for
the website to operate properly are allowed to be set without your permission. All other cookies need
to be approved before they can be set in the browser.
- Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies allow core website functionality such as
user login and account management. The website cannot be used properly without strictly necessary cookies.
- Performance cookies. Performance cookies are used to see how visitors use the website, eg.
analytics cookies. Those cookies cannot be used to directly identify a certain visitor.
- Targeting cookies. Targeting cookies are used to identify visitors between different websites, eg. content partners, banner networks. Those cookies may be used by companies to build a profile
of visitor interests or show relevant ads on other websites.
- Functionality cookies. Functionality cookies are used to remember visitor information on the
website, eg. language, timezone, enhanced content.
- Unclassified cookies. Unclassified cookies are cookies that do not belong to any other category
or are in the process of categorization.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org